Business Privilege Licenses
Individuals and companies doing business inside the Washington City Limits must obtain a Business Privilege License. License fees are defined by state and local law and vary based on the nature of the business. Some business categories require registration with the Washington Police Department as well as completion of a Business Privilege License Application. For more information, contact the Finance Department at (252) 975-9324 or (252) 975-9325 between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday or e-mail email@example.com.
Applicants should print out all three forms and fill out completely:
Other types of business licenses issued by the City of Washington include:
- Going-out-of-Business License
Required before a retail business in the City limits conducts a going-out-of-business sale.
- Itinerant Merchant License
Required for persons wishing to sell products or merchandise on a temporary basis from any allowed location in the City limits. Registration with the Police Department is also required.
- Peddler's License
Required for persons who travel from place to place with an inventory of goods, who sells the goods at retail or offers the goods for sale at retail, and who delivers the identical goods he carries with him. Registration with the Police Department is also required.
Taxi Cab Services
The following taxi cab services are licensed to do business in the Washington City Limits from July 1, 2013, to June 30, 2014. (Updated Septemer 25, 2013)
- A J's Cab Service, (252) 402-5669 or (252) 402 5697, Jimmy Hawkins, Owner
- Jack's Cab & Transportation, (252) 975-1275 , (252) 947-0283 or (252) 975-7961, Jack May, Owner
- Moore's Cab Service, (252) 402-6501, Andrew Junior & Katherine Moore, Owners
- Whitley's Cab Service, (252) 947-0338, Samuel Whitley, Owner
- Roberson Cab Service, (252) 940-8518, Jeffrey Roberson, Owner
- Taxi Latino Cab Service, (252) 945-9167, Hilda Martinez, Owner