Commercial & Residential Permit Requirements
To Obtain a Permit:
Minimum Information needed to complete an application for demolition.
- Project Address.
- Property owner's name.
- Tax Parcel #. May be obtained from the tax office, if not on file.
- Total contract cost.
- Demolition contractor, name and phone number.
- Full description of work to be done.
- If work is in the Historic District, a Certificate of Appropriateness is required (call 252-975-9384).
- Notification to Public Works (call 252-975-9332).
- Notification to Electric Department (call 252-975-9344).
- NC Natural Gas Co., letter of release on file.
- If this is a City Bid Contract Job - a signed agreement contract must be on file.
Additional Information that may be needed.
- A/C systems must be evacuated by a licensed individual with documentation.
- Notification to Fire Marshal (call 252-975-9402).
- Copy of Workman's Compensation proof.
- Copy of DEHNR Application and Notification (call Pat Currin 919-733-0820).
- Complex jobs may require additional information.
What is the Cost of the Permit?
Total cost is $150.00 Commerical, $125.00 Residential.
Can I Get the Permit the Same Day?
No. Required information must be submitted.
When Do I Need to Call for an Inspection?
This needs to be coordinated with the inspector at the time the permit is issued.